Santa Fe students, officials push transportation bill
Santa Fe College President Jackson Sasser says student government leaders have pushed for a transportation fee for years.
And even though the move has failed in the past, Sasser says he's optimistic it will go through the Legislature this year.
Right now, the bill is sponsored by state Rep. Chuck Chestnut in the Florida House and by state Sen. Steve Oelrich in the Senate. If passed, it would only affect Santa Fe College.
- Transportation Sales Tax Push
- Final Transportation Sales Tax Push
- Students, Parents Take Part In Family Field Day
- Colleges Losing Engineering Students, UF Responds
- Hispanic Students, Majority Enroll In College But Not Many Graduate
- UF students, faculty mourn victims of Nepal earthquake
- Santa Fe pushing safety over spring break
- State Officials Crack Down On Harassing Bill Collectors
- High Springs officials reviewing high water bills
- Florida Lawmakers Push For Election Reform Bills