Gainesville Regional Utilities held a workshop Thursday with local and European solar experts to discuss their Solar Feed in Tariff. A program that would pay GRU customers using solar photovoltaic systems for the energy they produce.
One delegate from Germany says German solar initiatives started in smaller towns just like Gainesville before catching the eye of the entire nation. He says he hopes the same thing happens with the GRU FIT program.
"Our goal over the last few days is to promote the uptake of solar here," said Dr. Murray Cameron of Phoenix Solar. "So the United States within three years moves to become the largest market for solar."
- Zero Energy Solar Homes
- Educating Others About Solar Energy
- Solar Energy in Gainesville
- Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
- Solar Energy Rally In Tallahassee
- Solar Flare Could Impact Electrical, Communications Systems
- Stoneridge Installs Solar Panels
- GRU Solar Feed In Tariff Feeling the Heat of an Audit
- Solar Impact Responds
- Solar Contract Conflict?