Fire personnel reacted in time thanks to the sprinklers inside the home.
It was an unexpected Sunday night for one sorority house on campus. Forty-one residents would not be returning to their home on West Panhellenic Drive. Gainesville Fire Rescue responded to a 911 call from Alpha Epsilon Phi.
"Due to the water damage and smoke damage they had to evacuate the 41 residents and they were sent to various sorority houses and friends houses and the Reitz Union, until the operation could be completed," said Carol Davis of the Alachua County/Gainesville Fire Rescue.
TV 20 tried to film inside but was declined. The reaction from a neighboring sorority was no different. For more on this story please see video:
By Monika Plocheney: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Fire Marshals Call for Changes in Fire Reporting System
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Car Fire Leads to House Fire
- Four Dead Following House Fire, Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Extinguish House Fire