Thelma Boltin Center
The building is 65 years old. Few people are left in Gainesville who can remember when it was constructed and for what reason. The historic marker unveiling ceremony celebrates the history of Thelma Boltin and her role with the center's operation.
The marker explains Thelma Boltin's inspiration for her center. Young people, Veterans and some familiar faces are celebrating Boltin's inspiration to entertain soldiers.
"This new historical marker really is a testament to what this building has meant here in our community and everyone from Tom Petty and Don Felder of the Eagles and others have played here so it's exciting for Gainesville to accept this new marker and to make note of the Thelma Boltin Center," says Mayor Hanrahan. For more on this story please see video:
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- No bedside emergency buttons, few nurses on locked VA psych ward
- Local Gay Activist Questions Medical Group
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Old prison May Soon be a Homeless Center
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City