Woman Murdered in SE Gainesville
TV20 has learned that a 28-year old woman has been murdered in the Tiger Bay apartment complex in southeast Gainesville. The Gainesville Police Department has a suspect in custody, and an investigation is underway. TV20 will have full details tonight at 6 and 11.
2/7/2009 7:53 p.m.
The victim has been identified as 28-year old Mondrecia Lillie of Gainesville. Police allege that Travis Terrill Mingo, 33,Â killed her early Saturday morning. Lillie's cause of death has been listed as "blunt force trauma to the upper torso", but GPD hasn't revealed the murder weapon.
Two children were present at the apartment, but neither were witnesses to their mother's murder. Mingo is the father of one of the children.
Mingo has a prior state prison history, having served time twice before for crimes committed in Dixie County. He was last released in 2006.
- Investigators Searching For Gainesville Woman's Murderer
- Homeless Woman Murdered...Her Body Found in Gainesville Parking Lot
- A Woman's Murder Trial in Ocala
- Woman Charged in Grisly Murder Case
- Arrest Warrant for Ocala Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder
- Elderly Woman Found Murdered in Her Home
- Memorial for Murdered Homeless Woman
- Gilchrist County Woman Murdered
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Lake City Woman Murdered