College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Unveils Budget Proposal
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences presented a draft of its budget proposal should 10% cuts be made. That amounts to $9.3 million.
If that 10% cut were to take place the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders would be closed and about half the faculty and staff of the Religion and Geology departments would be cut.
"These are great departments, they do a lot of good things.They're strong researchers and so we don't want to cut them," saidÂ Paul D'Anieri, Dean of CLAS. "But we can't cut this budget without doing some damage."
Under the draft the cuts would also mean that 66 employees would be laid off. A final proposal will be submitted by April 1, 2009.
- UF President Extends Budget Reduction Proposals for Faculty
- Proposed Budget Cuts
- City Manager Proposes Balanced Budget
- Proposed GRU Budget Includes "Modest" Rate Hike
- 2012 AC Budget Proposal Prompts Million Dollar Taxing Decision
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- Santa Fe College Arts Festival Wraps Up
- Proposal to Increase College Tuition Approved
- Scott Unveils $74B Budget
- American Civil Liberities Union vs. Alachua County School Board