Deadly Start to the Weekend
Â Â Â Â The first crash happened on Highway 90, in Columbia County, at 4:05 this morning.Â Troopers say a car was eastbound and left the highway.Â When the driver over-corrected the car crashed into a tree and finally ended between some other trees.Â The vehicle burst into flames and the driver was pronounced dead on the scene.Â Â The identity of the driver is not being released.
Â Â Â Â Â The second crash happened just over 20 minutes later at 4:27.Â This one on highway 41, also in Columbia County.Â A four door sedan driven by twenty-year old Gregory McHugh was southbound on 41 when it veered into the path of a semi.Â The semi tried to avoid a crash, but it happened anyway. Â
Â Â Â Â Mr. McHugh, of McAlpin, was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
UPDATE: The information released by the Florida Highway Patrol was in error. Joseph McHugh was mistakenly listed as the driver of the vehicle. He is actually the owner of the vehicle, and the error has been corrected.
- Dead Whale in Boston Harbor
- Bumpy start for Florida health insurance exchange
- Blaze Started in Trenton
- Unemployment Disaster Assistance Deadlines Start Next Month
- Chain of Clinics Started by Governor Scott Changes Name
- Texting and Driving Ban Starts Oct. 1st
- Detour in High Springs Starting Monday April 14th
- Hundreds Gather at a Local Jewish Community Center For The Start Of Passover
- Local Chef Starts Cross-Country Culinary Adventure
- Pay Cuts on the Horizon for Head Start Employees