Economic Outlook Worsens
Â Â Â Â Â The economists met Monday to make another downward shift in their economic outlook for the state. That's only going to make a bad budget situation worse for Florida lawmakers, who begin their annual 60-day session on Tuesday.
Â Â Â Â Â Legislative economist Amy Baker said it now looks like the national recession is going to last through the end of this summer, a quarter longer than previously forecast.
Â Â Â Â Â Florida's economy, though, is expected to remain flat for another year after that because it was affected more than the nation as a whole by the housing decline.
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Gatornationals Drives in an Economic Boost
- Hard Economic Times for Horses
- City of Newberry Receives Grant for Economic Diversity Plan
- Antique Store Gives Ocala an Economic Boost
- North Florida Economic Development Summit
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- SunRail Jobs Should Increase Economic Development
- Romney and Scott See Economic Recovery Differently
- Obama and Romney Trade Barbs Over Economic Plans