Haile Plantation Attack
Here is the latest information from the Alachua County Sheriff's Office:
At approximately 9:45 p.m. last night, Alachua County Sheriffâ€™s Office deputies responded to the 9900 block of SW 46th Boulevard in reference to a reported battery that had just occurred. The victim, a 65 year-old woman, was on a walking trail when an unknown suspect came out of the tree line and struck her on the side of the head, causing her to fall. She was able to get back onto her feet, run across the street, stand under a street light and yell for someone to help her. She advised that she saw her attacker flee back into the woods.
The victim described the attacker as an Asian or Hispanic male, approximately 20-30 years of age with medium length hair. He was wearing a light-colored short-sleeved shirt and light-colored jeans or slacks.
Deputies are asking anyone with information about this incident to call the Alachua County Sheriffâ€™s Office at (352) 955-1818. Callers can also remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000 for information leading to an arrest by calling Crime Stoppers at 372-STOP (7867).
- Two Events in Reaction to Haile Plantation's Recent Attack
- Woman Attacked in Haile Plantation
- Arrest In Haile Plantation Attack
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep
- Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Water Being Wasted in Haile Plantation
- Haile Plantation Irrigation Plan Not Specific