Hotel Reservations Down for Gator Nationals
Â Â Â Out of the more than 60 hotels in the Gainesville area, only eight are already at full occupancy for the races.Â And tourism experts say that number is usually much higher, and they say the economy is to blame.
Â Â Â Â And that could have a negative impact on Gainesville if one of their largest events doesn't bring in as many people.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â "Tourism officials are hoping that people are just waiting until the last minute to decide to come," Marcheta Keefer, Tourism Marketing Manager, said.
Â Â Â Â Perhaps what they're doing is waiting to book closer in or they're finding a way to make it less of a multi-day excursion and coming for a couple days, they're shortening their trip
Â Â Â Â To encourage attendance.. the National Hotrod Association is offering discounted tickets.
Â Â Â Â They're for advance purchase only... $20 for general admission... and are available on a first- come first- serve basis on qualifying and elimination days.
- The Federal Reserve's Plan To Get Back Our Economy
- ACSO Recruiting Reserve Deputies
- Old Army Reserve to Become City Park?
- Reserve Deputy Arrested
- Frenchman Found Dead in New York Hotel
- Father Shot Outside of Hotel Room
- Hotel Financial Trouble
- Discrimination at Gainesville Hotel?
- The Haunted Hotel
- Report: Woman Beaten and Raped at Hotel