Ichetucknee Gets Graded
By Dan Breitwieser, TV 20 News.
One of the most popular springs has a report card complete with a letter grade. It's the first springs in Florida to get such an evaluation.
The report gives Ichetucknee an overall grade of B-, scoring A's and B's for areas like amount of water flow, water clarity and natural vegetation. But it gets D's for the amount of nitrates and algae cover.
The scientist who put the grade together says that's due to fertilizer usage and run-off from the Lake City wastewater spray field.
"This is something that can be turned around," says Wetland Solutions Inc. President Dr. Robert Knight. "I'm convinced of that because there are several examples right now. But it can also get much worse."
The report card together cost $5000. Funding came from an endowment fund and a spokesman for the Springs Working Group hopes to make it an annual thing.
- Some Graded Roads Will Be Upgraded
- School Grades Released
- School Grades Are In
- Update On Tyler Grade Road Fire
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- FCAT Results Show Improvement in Third-Grade Math Skills
- New School Grades Revealed
- New Grading System for Florida High Schools
- Fifth Grade Graduate Overcomes Obstacles, Achieves Success
- Grading Area High Schools