Operation Safe Gainesville
But city commissioners say that's not an issue... because the police department's budget has grown since 2005.
However Jeff Mcadams of the FOP decided to announce plans for "Operation Safe Gainesville" as a way to warn citizens of what could happen if budgets do get cut next year.... despite what commissioners have said.
"My recollection is that the budget is at an all time high," Mayor Pegeen Hanrahan said.
"I repeatedly heard many of the commissioners point out that cuts need to be made," McAdams said.
Crime has actually decreased in Gainesville... According to the 2008 GPD crime statistics.
Of the nine categories officials tracked, crime had decreased in eight of them.
- 911 Operators: There Was No Safe Place
- Gainesville Police Department Gives Kids Scary, but Safe Trick or Treating Alternative
- National Safe Boating Week in Gainesville May 16
- Gainesville Police Department's New Special Operations Unit
- Safe Roads, Safe Children
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- Official tout "Safe Havens" after baby found
- How Safe Is the Walk To School?
- UF Graduate Students In Haiti Safe
- Safe Crossing