Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Proposed electric rate decrease
University of Florida's Vice President of Business Affairs says that it takes 65 million dollars a year to power UF. And the university had been planning to spend ten million more dollars on electricty next year. Ed Poppell says one way to reduce energy consumption is to monitor it. One example is at Tigert Hall. And some of the places that use the most energy include the O'Connell Center, which roughly costs 1.1 million a year. A spokesperson from Progress Energy says that commercial and industrial customers could expect 10 to 13 percent decreases in monthly bills. But it all depends on their usage. For the complete story please see video on right:Â
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- City of Alachua Raises Electric Rates
- GRU Rates Decrease
- Decreasing Crime Rates
- Proposed GRU Budget Includes "Modest" Rate Hike
- Big Home, Zero Electric Bill?
- Central Florida Electric officials crack down on late payments
- High Schoolers Build Electric Car
- GRU Breaks Electricity Demand Record
- Firefighters Extinguish Small Electrical Fire At Ocala Nursing Home