Three Die in Fiery Crash
A fiery crash claimed the lives of three people in Ocala after police say the driver lost control of the vehicle.
Two men and a woman are believed to have died in the fire, but until dental records are matched, police are not releasing their names.
Investigators say that the vehicle, a white Chevy Malibu, was most likely driving way over the 25 mile per hour speed limit, when it lost control coming around the curve on southeast 31st street.
Witnesses heard the wreck at around 1:30 in the morning.
Witness Mike Harrison says,
"Fire...and people trying to get out... of the back seat of the car, they were hollering at us to help them...and there was nothing that we could do, the fire was so intense."
Investigators are unable at this time to determine whether alcohol or mechanical malfunction played a role in this crash.
They do not believe any other vehicle was involved in the crash.
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- Fiery Crash on I-75
- Plane Crash Kills Three From North Central Florida
- Deputies: Three Stage Car Crash, Try To Claim Insurance Money
- Two Planes Crash In Williston; Three People Dead
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Three Injured in Archer Road Car Crash
- Last Three Victims Identified in I-75 Crash
- Three-Way Crash With City Bus
- Gainesville crash kills one, injures three