Vote 2009 Results
The Charter Amendment One proposal failed with 58 percent voting "no" and 42 percent "yes."
Jeanna Mastrodicasa has retained her job as city commissioner. She bested four other candidates.
Commissioner Mastrodicasa received 58 percent of the vote. Her opponents for the seat of Gainesville City Commission At-Large One received the following percentages: Robert Krames - 25 percent, Tom Cunilio - 6 percent, Richard Selwach - 6 percent, and James Schlachta - 4 percent
For the seat of Gainesville City Commission District One, incumbent Scherwin L. Henry got 68 percent of the vote, with Marcia Wimberly getting 32 percent.
- 2009 MDA Telethon Results
- Residents are Already Hitting the Polls
- Tracking Down, "Undecided," Voters
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Vice Presidential Hopeful, Paul Ryan Makes Victory Tour Stop in Ocala
- New Voting Laws Take Effect in 2014
- Interview: Ted Yoho Primary Winner
- Voter Registration Deadline Draws Future Voters
- Campaign Makes Cancer An Election Issue