Watch Out for Jumping Fish
Sturgeon, which can grow
to more than 8 feet long and weigh up to 200 pounds, migrate into the
Suwannee River during March and April.
Officials say boaters
should reduce their speed along the river, which will give them more
time to react if they do encounter a jumping sturgeon.
unknown why sturgeon leap out of the water; last year, a 4-year-old
boy's arm was broken and his father was cut by one of the jumping fish.
For more information about the jumping sturgeon click here.
- The AP
- Gators Fans Come Out To Watch Annual Spring Football Game
- Watch Out For Package Snatchers
- Fish Fraud: Do You Know Where Your Fish Comes From?
- Jumping Sturgeon Hazards
- Getting A Jump Start On A Career In Public Safety
- Man Dies after Jump from Window
- Jumping Sturgeon Are Back
- Cross City Woman Seriously Injured by Jumping Sturgeon
- Suspect Jumps Over Counter to Steal Prescription Pills
- Gas Prices Jump 18 Cents