Another Home Invasion
The number of home invasions in North Central Florida in 2009 is already higher than normal, and it just got higher. Alachua County Deputies say most of the robberies have similar characteristics, but the most recent one bucks the trend.
It happened Monday afternoon in the Southfork Oaks Complex in Gainesville. Deputies say two men approached the victim's front door pretending to be lost delivery people. When the woman opened the door, they forced their way in and held her at gunpoint. A man that lived in the house came home during the hold-up, and the gunmen ran away.
Most of the other home invasions in the area have been drug related, but deputies say that nothing indicates that this robbery is as well.
- 1 Person Dead, Another On The Run After Home Invasion
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Home Invasion Plan Leads To Several Resident Arrest
- Second Ocala Home Invasion in One Week
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Armed Home Invasion in Ocala
- Gainesville Home Invasion, Possibly Drug Related
- Man Gets Life For Fatal Home Invasion
- Three Women Held at Gunpoint in Home Invasion
- Elderly Woman Stabbed During Home Invasion