Another Home Invasion
The number of home invasions in North Central Florida in 2009 is already higher than normal, and it just got higher. Alachua County Deputies say most of the robberies have similar characteristics, but the most recent one bucks the trend.
It happened Monday afternoon in the Southfork Oaks Complex in Gainesville. Deputies say two men approached the victim's front door pretending to be lost delivery people. When the woman opened the door, they forced their way in and held her at gunpoint. A man that lived in the house came home during the hold-up, and the gunmen ran away.
Most of the other home invasions in the area have been drug related, but deputies say that nothing indicates that this robbery is as well.
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Home Invasion Plan Leads To Several Resident Arrest
- Home Invasion Robberies
- Levy County Home Invasion and Shooting
- 90-year-old Stops Home Invasion
- Marion County Home Invasion
- HIGH SPRINGS HOME INVASION
- Home Invasion
- Second Ocala Home Invasion in One Week
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery