Bus Crash Arrest
It's been a little over six months, but today a very detailed investigation wrapped up with an arrest.
In September, a 13 year old girl was killed when a truck driver rear ended a Marion County school bus.
Eighth grader Francis Margay Schee, a cheerleader and band student at North Marion Middle school, was killed on September 23rd when her bus stopped on U.S 301 to let children off.
The driver of an 18- wheeler, Reinaldo Gonzalez slammed into the back of the bus causing it to burst into flames, and sending nine students to the hospital.
Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Patrick Riordan says,
"There's two charges that Mr. Gonzalez has been charged with...one is reckless driving with serious bodily injury and the second is vehicular homicide."
F-H-P trooper Corporal Susan Barge says the investigation results show that Gonzalez had insufficient rest to be driving his truck and that he was distracted by his cell phone.
She also says that alcohol and drugs were not a factor in the crash.
- Citra Bus Crash Witness Speaks For The First Time
- Alachua County School Bus In Crash, Minor Injuries Reported
- School Bus Crash
- Child Hurt In Gainesville School Bus Crash
- Soldiers Injured In Military Bus Crash
- Military Bus Crash injures 19 Guardsmen
- Ocala Church Bus Crash in Atlanta
- Three-Way Crash With City Bus
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- 12 Students Hurt in Putnam County School Bus Crash