Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
"Can a Brotha Get A Break" Specialty Plate?
Senator Al Lawson is pushing an amendment for a new "Can a Brotha Get A Break" specialty license plate.
This is the language proposed by the senator:
"The following license plate annual use fees shall be collected for the appropriate specialty license plates: Can a Brotha Get A Break license plate, $25.
Section 17. Subsections (74) are added to section
320.08058, Florida Statutes, to read:
CAN A BROTHA GET A BREAK LICENSE PLATE.- The department shall develop a Can A Brotha Get A Break license plate as provided in this section. The plate must prominantly (sic) display an image of State Senator Alfred "Al" Lawson, Jr. The phrase, "Can A Brotha Get a Break?" shall appear in bold letters on the bottom of the plate. The annual use fees shall be distributed to the State Employees Relief Fund for the purpose of offsetting salary and benefit cuts by the Legislature and providing grief counseling.
- Florida May Get Confederate License Plate
- "Rich Get Richer, Poor Get Poorer" in Gainesville
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- Jesus & Cross License Plates May Happen
- UF Business Students Get Advice from "Soleful" Entrepreneur
- YMCA Kicks Off "Get Moving" Campaign
- Getting their "Swagger" Back
- Boy with Bone Cancer Gets His "Make-a Wish"
- Technology Spotlight 11/2/10 "Automatic License Plate Reader"
- Florida Woman Gets New Charges in "Toxic Tush" Case