"Can a Brotha Get A Break" Specialty Plate?
Senator Al Lawson is pushing an amendment for a new "Can a Brotha Get A Break" specialty license plate.
This is the language proposed by the senator:
"The following license plate annual use fees shall be collected for the appropriate specialty license plates: Can a Brotha Get A Break license plate, $25.
Section 17. Subsections (74) are added to section
320.08058, Florida Statutes, to read:
CAN A BROTHA GET A BREAK LICENSE PLATE.- The department shall develop a Can A Brotha Get A Break license plate as provided in this section. The plate must prominantly (sic) display an image of State Senator Alfred "Al" Lawson, Jr. The phrase, "Can A Brotha Get a Break?" shall appear in bold letters on the bottom of the plate. The annual use fees shall be distributed to the State Employees Relief Fund for the purpose of offsetting salary and benefit cuts by the Legislature and providing grief counseling.
- Florida May Get Confederate License Plate
- Preventing Blindness Caused By Diabetes
- Victims can get their stolen items back
- "Certified Substitutes" Can't Replace Full-time Teachers
- "Rich Get Richer, Poor Get Poorer" in Gainesville
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- Jesus & Cross License Plates May Happen
- Marion County Citizens Fight to Get "Amendment 11" Passed
- Boy with Bone Cancer Gets His "Make-a Wish"
- Getting their "Swagger" Back