Chase ends in suspect's death
He led them through two counties, fired multiple shots at civilians and police officers before finally being killed by deputies this morning.
At a little after six this morning Citrus County deputies got a called to a domestic disturbance in north east Citrus County.
When they arrived at the home, the suspect fired at them and took off in his blue Dodge Ram truck which started a chase through Citrus and Marion Countys.
Police say during the chase the suspect deliberately fired shots into a school bus.
Citrus County Sheriff Jess Dawsy says,
"If we would have had a child in there it could have severely injured or feasibly killed the child. It was midway up the bus."
The chase ended on County Road 484 right by I-75 near exit 341 when a Citrus County Deputy shot and killed the suspect.
Law enforcement has not released the suspects identity but says he does have a criminal record
However, nothing as severe as what occurred today.
- GPD: Homemade Bomb Found Inside Shoplifting Suspect's Home
- Breaking News Boston Suspect's Origins
- Chase ends in deadly crash
- Car Chase ends in Home
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash
- Grand Jury Decision Reached Regarding Car Chase Death
- Suspect Shot, Killed Following Chase
- Domestic Dispute Ends in Death
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City
- High Speed Chase Ends With Dramatic Crash