Child Abuse Arrest
A North Central Florida woman is in jail for reportedly threatening to hurt her children.
Police say during an argument with another person, 29 year old Shanika Ricks intentionally dropped her seven month old child on the ground and then threw the child in the back seat, which the child fell from moments later.
Police say Ricks also slapped and hit her one and a half year old daughter while still inside the vehicle.
Witnesses also heard Ricks saying she was, "going to burn my baby in hot water, kill them, and you see the kids in the newspaper when you wake up in the morning."
Shanika Ricks' bond is set at 50-thousand dollars.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse
- Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse
- Child Abuse Reported In Columbia County
- Officials Admit Mistake in Child Abuse Case
- Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Right Place, Right Time...Cop Catches Child Abuse
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Child Abuse Update