Controlled Burn Gets Out of Control
It started as a control burn, but it got out of control quickly. Division of Forestry officials say a North Central Florida fire that started Thursday afternoon spread across 150 acres, and as of Thursday evening, it was still not contained.
The fire is just East of Cedar Key. Officials say it was supposed to be a 40 acre control burn, but it spread because of the winds. A few homes were evacuated as a precautionary measure, but no one has been hurt. No buildings have been damaged either.
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- Kids Learn ... By Getting Grossed Out
- Fill Out Forms, Get A New Home For Free!
- Pulled Over, Get Out In Alachua County
- John Lewis Keynote Speaker for Get Out the Vote Rally
- DeCastro Hopes 8,000 Absentee Ballots Get Tossed Out
- Bartow Man Gets Life in Prison for Burning Father
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- FAA Delays Closing of Airport Control Towers
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs