Family of Murdered Four Year Old Speaks Out
A family is mourning the loss of a 4-year-old girl almost three days after she was found dead in her father's home as victim of murder.
Deputies received a call early Monday morning from 23-year-old Mathew Roland, who told them his daughter wasn't breathing.
By the time emergency responders arrived, the child was already dead.
Now Roland is behind bars.
The family of the child is wondering why a teacher,the judge who placed Hepp in Roland's home or even the Department of Children and Families did not pick up on evidence of abuse earlier.
Michael Gordon, Kristina Hepp's step grandfather says,
"Somebody placed that child in Matt's care, somebody know that child didnt' go to school, somebody noticed those bruises."
Funeral arrangements for 4-year-old Kristina Hepp have been made.
A viewing will be held tomorrow at 6 pm to 8 pm.
The funeral is on Friday at 1 pm both services are at the Watson Funeral Home in Trenton.
The family asks that anyone with information about this case to please call the Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office.
- Family of 20 Year Old Sentenced to Death Speaks Out
- 18 year old Man Wrongly Imprisoned Speaks Out
- Family of High Springs Murder Victims Speak Out
- Family Speaks Out On Double-Murder Suicide In Palatka
- Amber Alert Issued For A Four-Year-Old Marion County Boy
- Four Year Old Hero
- Four year old's fight to "Hulk Smash" Cancer
- Father of Murdered Children Speaks out
- 6 Months Later, Father of Murdered Teen Speaks Out
- Superintendent of Gilchrist County Schools Speaks Out About the Kids Murdered in Bell