Father Accused of Murdering Child
Gilchrist County authorities say they haven't had a case like it in many years.
A man is behind bars today, accused of killing his four year old daughter.
Early Monday morning authorities got a 9-1-1 call from Roland saying Kristina was having difficulty breathing.
When emergency workers arrived she was dead.
Brian Roland the brother of suspect Mathew Roland claims Roland was always a good father.
" I never saw him spank her even once when i was around, he loved that girl."
According to the arrest report emergency responders found the child with bruises on her forehead, eyes and cheeks.
She also had scratches on her back.
Matthew Roland has a criminal record in Gilchrist dating back to 2004 when during a period of four years he was arrested for domestic violence, burglaries, battery, and drug possession.
- Bond Increased for Father Accused of Facebook Murders
- Father of Special Needs Child Requests Proper Bus Service
- Ocala Man Accused of Beating Elderly Father With Pipe, Sledgehammer
- Son Charged With Murdering His Own Father, Police Investigating Motive
- Father of Murdered Children Speaks out
- On Third Day of O'Quinn Murder Trial: Defendant's Father Comes Near Perjury
- 6 Months Later, Father of Murdered Teen Speaks Out
- Gainesville Man Accused of Repeatedly Hitting Child with a Belt
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Gainesville Man Accused of Child Neglect