Jesus & Cross License Plates May Happen
A license plate with the image of Jesus and another with a cross would be available to Florida motorists if lawmakers pass a bill now in the legislature.
Senate lawmakers amended a bill on Friday to add the two plates and others. The cross license plate was proposed last year but did not appear in a bill sent to the governor. If it had passed last year, the plate would have been the first in the nation to prominently feature a religious symbol.
South Carolina lawmakers approved an identical plate last year, but a federal judge ruled in December that the state had to stop production while a lawsuit challenging the plate's constitutionality goes forward.
Lawmakers could vote on the amended bill (SB 642) as early as Monday.
- The AP
- Florida May Get Confederate License Plate
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- Texting & Driving May Soon Be Illegal In Florida
- Dispatcher May Never Know What Happens Once they Hang up
- Technology Spotlight 11/2/10 "Automatic License Plate Reader"
- "Can a Brotha Get A Break" Specialty Plate?
- Sex Offenders and Predators Get Special Driver's License Status
- New Shoreline Fishing License on Sale
- Shoreline Fishing License: Get Your Questions Answered
- New Bill Could Bring License fees Down