He preyed on people's desperation.
Investigators say a man from Kentucky promised to bring more than two thousand jobs to one North Central Florida community-- but instead he brought scandal.
The president of Kenrick Medical Corporation, 55 year old Ricky Lee Bunch, claimed his company would produce medical beds and hire around 25 hundred people to do it.
Instead investigators say he set up a website, posted made-up jobs, and then charged applicants 24 dollars to run a background check on them.
That money, investigators say, eventually wound up in his personal bank account.
Sgt. Scott Patch with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
"We couldn't verify any corporate information, the address listed on the florida registry of corporations came back to a post office box."
Bunch was arrested last night in Murray Kentucky for organized fraud.
- Woman Scammed In Mystery Shopper Job
- Florida Lottery Warns of Lottery Scam
- Publix Warns Shoppers About Facebook Scam
- Real Estate Transaction Scams
- Local Scam in Newberry
- Gilchrist County Bank of America Scam Alert
- Fraudulent Coupon Scam Arrests
- GRU Warns Business Customers of Potential Scam
- Kidney Scam
- Check Scams On The Rise