Melrose Man Caused Three-vehicle Collision.
A Melrose man fled a three-vehicle collision occurred on SR 26 west in Putnam County as two cars were turning onto CR 219 Monday night.
Michael Allred,53, fled the scene of an accident while under the influence after he struck the back of a Lincoln 4-door causing an additional accident with a Mazda 4-door ahead of the two vehicles, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Allred got out of his vehicle to look at the damage to his truck and then proceeded to drive away eastbound on SR 26 while his vehicle was on fire.
Allred abandoned the car and was located at home by K9 units.
He was taken to Putnam County Community Hospital and admitted for a heart condition.
He is charged with careless driving, DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
The other vehicles suffered minor or no injuries.
Allred has not been released from the hospital.
- Levy County Bus And Vehicle Collision
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Man Reportedly Struck a Rescue Vehicle and Pedestrian
- Ocala Man, 18, Dies in Single-Vehicle Crash
- Gainesville Man Accused of Stealing Vehicle, Possessing Counterfeit Money
- Man Causes 15 Wrecks in Atlanta
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Police: Tampa Man, 73, Robs Three Banks To Pay Mortgage
- Police Look For Three Suspects Accused Of Robbing Lake City Man