Missing Baby Hoax
A pair of thieves are on the run... accused of stealing a motorcycle.
But Wednesday afternoon... they were accused of a much worse crime.
Shawn ivory called 911 and said his son Fabien, and his motorcycle, were taken.
But authorities say only half of that story is true.
The motorcycle was stolen.... but the baby wasn't.
And law enforcement officers from multiple agencies came out to look for a baby who was never missing.
"We had 12 deputies, a canine, two helicopters, three detectives. We all responded and started conducting an investigation," Detective Tom Kinsey of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, said.
He has been charged with filing a false police report, which is a misdemeanor.
The baby is now with his mother. She hasn't been charged in the case.
- Bomb Threat Called In To Columbia School Offices, Found To Be A Hoax
- Sheriff's Office Warns of Gang Hoax
- Missing Baby Found Buried in Backyard
- Report of St. Lucie Girls' Abduction Ruled a Hoax
- Australian DJ's Speak Out On Royal Hoax
- Double Arm Amputee Triathlete Raising Money for Baby
- 14-Pound Baby Born to Keystone Heights Couple At UF Health Shands
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Mother Neglects Baby