Mother Arrested for Baby Daughter's Murder
A mother is in jail after being charged with the first degree murder of her adopted two year old daughter.
December 7th was the first time that the Marion County Sheriff's Office made contact with Violet Ray.
One of the Ray's six adopted children had dialed 9-1-1 from the house but then hung up.
When a deputy arrived at the home he saw nothing unusual, but Ray and her parents did admit that two year old baby Faith Ray had fallen and hit her head.
The deputy urged the family to take the baby to the hospital for a checkup, but they never did.
She died the next day.
Rhonda Stroup with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
The DCF report states that she suffered 20 points of blunt force trauma to the head and 40 points of blunt force trauma to the rest of her body."
The report also says that the beating was in response to baby Faith taking a toy from another child.
The five remaining children were put into foster care.
- Dixie County Family Fights AvMed Again For Daughter's Health Care
- No New Leads Six Years After Mother/Daughter Murdered
- Man Guilty of Daughter's Starvation Death
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Suspects Arrested After Enslaving A Mother And Daughter
- Man Arrested for Allgedly Murdering his Mother
- A Texas Baby Kidnapped His Mother Murdered
- Mother Murdered And Her Baby Stolen
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- MotherDaughter Reunited after a Year Deployed