NEW AIRPORT BUSINESS
WHEN THE CHARTER COMPANY DAYJET DISCONTINUED THEIR SERVICE IN SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR, IT LEFT PEOPLE JOBLESS AND THE AIRPORT LOOKING FOR A NEW TENANT.
THE HANGER THAT USED TO BELONG TO DAYJET WILL NOW BECOME AIR METHODS CORPORATION.
A COMPANY DEVELOPED IN 1980, AIR METHODS MISSION IS TO ENSURE QUALITY OF CARE TO PATIENTS AND SAFETY IN AVIATION OPERATIONS.
THEY HAVE CONSOLIDATED THEIR THREE OTHER MAINTENANCE CENTERS AND MOVE TO THE GAINESVILLE AIRPORT. Chief Executive Officer of the Gainesville Airport, Allan Penksa says,"They have a very large fleet of helicopters here in Florida including operating helicopters for ShandsCair, so we're very happy they're opening a maintenance base here in Gainesville. We have the facility that met their needs in a central location and it made sense for them".
THE COMPANY WILL BRING IN 15 TO 20 NEW JOB. AIR METHODS DOESN'T OFFICIALLY TAKE OFFICE AT THE AIRPORT UNTIL 30 TO 60 DAYS FROM NOW.
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
- New Road for New Business
- New Cigarette Tax Frustrates Local Businesses
- New Bus Routes Boost Local Business
- Some Businesses Welcome New Year's Eve
- New Business Brings Jobs To Gainesville
- Ocala Man Uses New Business to Combat Disability
- Monday's Downpours Keep 'Smartraffic' Team Busy; Monitor Interstate Conditions on New Cameras
- New Plan Speeds Up Airport Security