There were thousands of pinwheels planted on the front lawn of North Florida Regional Medical Center early Saturday.
UF"s Family Law Society and the Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force hosted "winds of change" in recognition of abused and neglected children.
Cynthia Winter was planting hundreds of pinwheels. Each one represents a child who has been abused. She hopes that this will create some change in the community.
Last year alone, Alachua County had over 1,900 reported cases. Volunteers like Cynthia Winter say the numbers would be higher if more people reported these cases.
For more on this story please see video:
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Eat Local Challenge Promotes Local Economy
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets