Playboy Ranks UF in Top 10 Party Schools
Florida knows how to party.
The University of Florida was ranked #4 on the nation's top party schools according to Playboy Magazine.
The University Florida fell behind University of Miami which took the #1 spot but before Florida State University which took #23.
Playboy Magazine said they used a series of mathematical equations to rank the top party schools such as looking at the number of nursing majors, gallons of beer consumer and the number of study rooms available to students.
The rankings were placed in categories such as “bikini,”, “sex,” “sports” and “brains.” The equations for the top party schools included the number of sunny days, the highest temperature in May, the availability of cosmetic surgeons near campus, the girl-to-guy ratio, the rank of the cheer leading squad
and the number of nursing majors.
"We didn't want bias tainting the results so we took a scientific approach and developed algorithms to equally weigh all of the things that are crucial to the social and academic development of collegians," said Playboy Assistant Editor Rocky Rakovic in a news release.
UF officials had no comment.
- UF Ranks Among Top Party Schools in US
- Six Neighboring High Schools Rank in Newsweek's Top 1500 Public High School List
- Marion County Schools get Top Ranking
- Santa Fe College Ranked in Top Ten in the Nation
- UF Named Number One Party School
- North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
- Marion County School District Ranks Third in State for Lowest Administrative Cost
- UF Top Ten Law School For Hispanics: Magazine
- Two Local Schools Make Top 100 List
- Union County ranks last in statewide health rankings