UF Dorms - Working Away The Waste
University of Florida's dorms are quiet this time of year - as students are busy finishing the school year-- and cleaning out their rooms.
The summer semester is almost here and many students are heading home; but most can't take all their possessions with them.
In response, the University of Florida Housing & Residence Education Green Team is sponsoring a recycling project that they say will have several benefits. Organizers say they plan to help charitable agencies at a time when donations are lower than during the holiday season.
Housing workers say the recycling program will keep up to five tons of garbage out of the landfill.
- GRU Officials working to clean 900 Thousand Gallons of Waste Water
- Gainesville Businesses Work to Draw in Crowds During Gator Away Games
- Weapons, Explosives Found in Dorm at UCF
- New Dorm Could Provide Unique Services to UF Students
- Thousands of Gators Move in to University Dorms
- "Start-up Dorm" Planned for Innovation Square
- UF President Moves Into Dorm
- Waste Assessment Fees On The Rise
- Saving Tons of E-waste from Local Landfills
- Waste Water Spill Clean-Up