Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Alachua Call Center Up and Running Again
Everything is back to normal at the Alachua County Call Center... where calls were handled differently for parts of the day on Tuesday and Wednesday.
From 3:30 Tuesday afternoon-- when lightning caused the phone lines to go down-- to 11:30 Wednesday morning ... operators say they had to respond to their own emergency.
Call-takers had to relocate to a backup call center in the basement of the County Administration building.
it took about 50 minutes from the time the phone lines went down... to when things were back up and running in the new location.
In the meantime, Marion County dispatchers took Alachua County calls.
But officials say to their knowledge, there were no delays in service or response time.
"Now we know that no matter what happens, this agency is going to be able to handle it," Jennifer Altenburger said.
Officials say situations like this are great practice for the upcoming hurricane season.
They say if power is lost, they have backup generators... and backup generators to the backup generators-- All to make sure they're still able to respond to all calls.
- Protestors Picket Again at Hawthorne Medical Center
- Local Leader Called Driving Force Behind Community Center Opening
- New Call Center For Biomass Concerns
- Calling Non-Profits in Alachua County...
- Alachua County To Be One of Four Sites in the Country to Launch National Safety Resource Center... Online
- Senior Center in Alachua County
- New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
- Alachua County Crisis Center Assists The White House
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Inmate Escapes From Alachua County Work Release Center