American Cancer Society Needs Drivers
According to Margaret Shaw of the American Cancer Society, one in every 10 cancer patients in Marion County drops from treatment because of transportation problems.
She says they need volunteer drivers to take those patients to medical appointments.
Shaw also says the greatest need is in areas outside Ocala and in rural counties throughout North Central Florida.
For information on how to sign up, visit cancer.org.
- Volunteers Needed for Cancer Prevention Study
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- People Gather To Raise Awareness, Money For American Cancer Society
- Your Health: Prostate Cancer Hits African American Hardest
- Volunteers Needed For CPS-3 Cancer Study
- A Shifting Society; Is Public Opinion Changing on Controversial Issues?
- A New Home for Levy County Humane Society
- Bitter Sweet Award for Animal Shelter
- Micanopy Historical Society Museum
- "Relay for Life" around North Central Florida