It was a standard trip to the grocery store that wound up in a terrifying encounter- one that a Marion County woman says she'll never forget.
Shortly before noon, Ocala Police say 28 year old Christopher Kelly approached Linda Conklin as she was sitting in her car eating lunch in the Churchill Square parking lot. Police say Kelly said something sexual to the woman and then tried to steal her car.
Victim Linda Conklin explains, "He tried to move in and he slipped and fell, cause he was intoxicated or under the influence or something."
A passerby noticed the commotion and stopped to try to reason with Kelly, who appeared intoxicated. The passerby was able to stall Kelly until police arrived. He was taken to Munroe Regional Medical Center and treated for substance abuse.
- Delray Beach Man Attacked Woman, Attempted a Carjacking
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- Pizza Delivery Carjacking
- Gainesville Carjacking
- Deputies Catch Carjacking Suspect After Multi-County Pursuit
- Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
- Neighbor chases alleged carjackers which leads to arrests
- Two arrests made in Gainesville carjacking, charges dropped for initial suspects
- Arrests Made in Pensacola Carjacking
- Florida Senator Attempts to Eliminate Daylight Savings Time Change