Best Kept Secret Blues Artist in Cross Creek
In a restaurant between Gainesville and Ocala is a man making crowds smile with the hum of his harmonica and the strum of the strings on his guitar.
Willie Green, a blues legend, plays at The Yearling Restaurant in Cross Creek, Fla.
Green plays music every week at the restaurant wowing crowds and owes his start to The Yearling Restaurant owner who discovered Willie playing the blues at O-Malley's Alley in downtown Ocala.
Green has played with blues greats from John Hammond to Tommy Castro to even once opening up for Eric Clapton.
“I love the crowd,” Green said. “And if I can't make them happy, I ain't happy.”
At 75 years old, Green is not stopping any time soon.
Green plays at Yearling every Thursday through Sunday.
- Close Eye Kept on Enrollment Numbers
- Local Artist Makes a Big Donation
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- Biggest Artist in North Central Florida
- Huuda Memorial Kept Alive by Strangers
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- Hatchet Creek
- Spruce Creek Fire
- Residents Want To Save Possum Creek Park