Body Found in St. Johns County
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office recovered a body a short time ago believed to be that of a missing swimmer from yesterday, according to sheriff's office spokesman Kevin Kelshaw.
A positive identification and cause of death will be determined following an autopsy by District Medical Examiner Dr. Terrence Steiner.
The body was located at 11:15 a.m. by a sheriff' office PSA (Public Service Assistant) who was patrolling the beach. The body came ashore near Butler Beach, just south of Mary Street.
The name of the 25-year old victim is still being withheld pending notifying a relative. We will release the name when notification is made.
TV20 will have more on this story this evening.
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Body Found In Burning Pit In Marion County
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County
- Columbia County deputies identify body found in car
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found