Child Abuse Reported In Columbia County
Columbia County Sheriff's deputies say they found three children living in unsanitary and possible abusive conditions in a Columbia County home.
On May 16, deputies were dispatched to the residence after receiving an alert of possible child abuse.
A witness stated he had visited the home and found the bedroom locked with a padlock. Once he found the children and removed them through the bedroom window, he stated all three of the children had soiled their undergarments and were complaining that they were hungry, according to a Columbia County Sheriff's Office incident report.
The children, all under 10 years old, appeared to have been bitten by fleas and may have been beaten.
Investigators from the Florida Department of Children and Families removed the children from the home, and the adults living there were arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse.
TV20 will have more on this story during the 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. news.
- Alachua County Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Child Abuse Cases In Levy County
- Twenty Four Students Report Alcohol Abuse at UF
- Researchers Report Rx Pill Abuse Problem Among Youth
- Officials Admit Mistake in Child Abuse Case
- Right Place, Right Time...Cop Catches Child Abuse
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Lake City Man Arrested for Child Abuse