Chrysler Announces Cuts for Nearly 800 Dealerships
Chrysler customers are looking for a new place to do business... now that the automaker has announced it will eliminate nearly 800 dealerships.
Three dealerships are affected in North Central Florida, two in Gainesville and one in Ocala.
Employees at Gainesville Dodge say their sales were high enough to keep the dealership off the cut list.
Most of the dealerships affected are smaller ones with low sales.. according to Chrysler.
And one Chrysler customer says while it may be inconvenient to have fewer Chrysler dealers in town... he's glad Gainesville dodge was spared.
"I think it's devastating for the employees of Chrysler as well as those who have products and those who are interested in purchasing products," David Mazyck, customer, said.
"Chrysler is limiting the dealerships that don't perform as well to make their overall portfolio more sound and stable in this tough economy," Rod Damurias, sales manager at Gainesville Dodge, said.
Chrysler has been operating in bankruptcy protection since April 30.
The dealers affected must be closed by June 9.
- Chrysler to Cut 800 Stores
- University of Florida Announced 47 Million Dollars In Budget Cuts
- Newberry Audit Reveals $11,800 in Misused Funds
- Local Reaction to Chrysler Closures
- Man travels more than 800 miles for promotion
- 3 Trucks and 2 Mustangs Stolen From Ocala Ford Dealership
- Fire at Car Dealership
- More Than 30 Cars Damaged At Dealership
- Ocala Car Dealership Houses New Restaurant
- GM Closing Dealerships, Affecting Local Businesses