Clothing Found In Forest Belongs to Missing Man
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is currently searching the area of 314A and NE 49th St. Rd. today in reference to the disappearance of Derek McGivern. On Wednesday at approximately 4 pm, a citizen reported to the Sheriff's Office that they had discovered bloody clothing in this area so detectives and K-9 units responded to investigate.
At this time, detectives have confirmed that the clothing found at this scene belonged to Derek McGivern which has tested positive for traces of human blood. The clothing includes shorts, pants, a shirt and sneakers. Sheriff's Office Field Force Team and K-9 Unit, along with Marion County Fire Rescue and Florida Fish and Game and other volunteers, will be conducting the search throughout today.
Tv20s Sarah Pusateri is on the scene and will have a full report later this evening.
- Remains found in canal believed to belong to missing couple from 1978
- Fake Bomb Device Found At Ocala Movie Theater Belonged To UCF Student
- Body Of Missing Man Found From Canoeing Accident
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Missing Man Found Safe
- Missing Gainesville Man Found
- Missing Clay County Man Found In Gainesville
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County