Crist Visits Marion County
It's been a long time coming but Marion County received a special visit today- one that seals a deal supporters say will create jobs and boost the economy.
Now that the unemployment rate is over 12 percent, law makers say, the signing of HB 127 couldn't have come at a better time.
Governor Crist signed that bill at Lockheed Martin in Marion County today.
It will create an enterprise zone in Ocala's Historic District.
Governor Charlie Crist says,
"I think that this legislation is designed to get to work very quickly to be a quick action assist if you will and I believe that it can.
The enterprise zone will be set for business development after January of 2010.
Governor Charlie Crist signed four bills into law.
One of the them will create tax incentives for businesses who hire people who live in the 5 to 10 mile enterprise zone.
- Governor Crist Visits Gainesville
- Crist To Appoint New Superintendent For Columbia County Schools
- First Alachua County Superintendent Finalist Visits Gainesville
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Four Derby Hopefuls Have Ties to Marion County
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak
- Four Cases of Meningitis in Florida... All in Marion County
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue