Crist Visits Marion County
It's been a long time coming but Marion County received a special visit today- one that seals a deal supporters say will create jobs and boost the economy.
Now that the unemployment rate is over 12 percent, law makers say, the signing of HB 127 couldn't have come at a better time.
Governor Crist signed that bill at Lockheed Martin in Marion County today.
It will create an enterprise zone in Ocala's Historic District.
Governor Charlie Crist says,
"I think that this legislation is designed to get to work very quickly to be a quick action assist if you will and I believe that it can.
The enterprise zone will be set for business development after January of 2010.
Governor Charlie Crist signed four bills into law.
One of the them will create tax incentives for businesses who hire people who live in the 5 to 10 mile enterprise zone.
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Governor Crist Visits Gainesville
- Ann Romney Visits Ocala
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed
- Donations for Charities Accpeted Until End of Month
- E-Cigarette Ordinance in Marion County
- Employees Concerned About Munroe Regional Becoming a For-Profit Hospital
- Marion County Drug Bust
- Commission Explores Selling Jail