Two people are dead, after separate crashes in North Central Florida.
The first crash happened in on Normandy Boulevard in Duval County around 4:00 Sunday afternoon.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells TV 20 a 54 year old man is dead after making a u-turn in the eastbound lane of Normandy. After the u-turn, the Chiefland man, whose name is being withheld until his family is notified, started west, but was still in the eastbound lane. That's when another eastbound car tried to avoid the crash, but hit the car coming the opposite direction. The Chiefland man was not wearing a seat belt and was pronounced dead on the scene. The other driver was uninjured.
The second crash happened nearly two hours later on state road 100 in Putnam County. Reports show an SUV driven by Ruty Darrell Seal of Palatka, left the road, struck a guardrail and rolled some 7 times before coming to rest in a ditch. The 48-year old was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle during the crash.
- Dead Whale in Boston Harbor
- Deadly Shooting in Jacksonville School
- More than 50,000 Dead People on Florida Voters List
- 2 Missing Boaters Believed Dead
- 5 Shot, 1 Dead at Williston Festival
- Gilchrist County Man Found Dead
- Dozens of Dead Rats Discovered
- One Dead in Plane Crash
- Two People Dead After A Crash On I-75
- Deadly House Fire