Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Doc Hollywood Days in Micanopy
For a small town with more than 600 hundred residents and a spot on the National Register of Historic Places, Micanopy has had its share of the limelight.
The Micanopy Chamber of Commerce is holding it's annaul Micanopy Doc Hollywood Days festival. The movie was shot here in 1991 and the town celebrates the big screen hit that came to the small town with a reception, live music, food, and the ever so famous squash parade. Some of the local buildings even made their hollywood debut.
"Doc Hollywood Days is to support not only our community, but also for Parkinson's disease, our procedes will go to Team Fox and UF Parkinson's Research Foundation", said Kellie Eberlein of the Micanopy Chamber of Commerce.
The star of the movie, Michael J. Fox showed signs of Parkinson's disease while shooting the film.
- Micanopy Celebrates Doc Hollywood Days
- Hollywood Actor Visits High Springs
- Doc Rivers Helps Register Voters
- DOC Proposing To Build New Prison
- Micanopy Resident Honored by Governor
- Missing Micanopy Woman Prompts Silver Alert
- Missing Monkey from Marion County Settles in Micanopy
- Battle of Micanopy Commemorates 176th Anniversary with Living History
- Micanopy Historical Society Museum
- Micanopy's Small Town Charm Attracts Thousands this Weekend