Doc Hollywood Days in Micanopy
For a small town with more than 600 hundred residents and a spot on the National Register of Historic Places, Micanopy has had its share of the limelight.
The Micanopy Chamber of Commerce is holding it's annaul Micanopy Doc Hollywood Days festival. The movie was shot here in 1991 and the town celebrates the big screen hit that came to the small town with a reception, live music, food, and the ever so famous squash parade. Some of the local buildings even made their hollywood debut.
"Doc Hollywood Days is to support not only our community, but also for Parkinson's disease, our procedes will go to Team Fox and UF Parkinson's Research Foundation", said Kellie Eberlein of the Micanopy Chamber of Commerce.
The star of the movie, Michael J. Fox showed signs of Parkinson's disease while shooting the film.
- Micanopy Celebrates Doc Hollywood Days
- Hollywood Actor Visits High Springs
- Docs, Nurses Push Lawmakers for Medicaid Expansion
- Doc Rivers Helps Register Voters
- Docs: ASO Duplicates Services to Circumvent ICAC
- DOC Proposing To Build New Prison
- Micanopy Town Commissioners Reject New Sidewalk Project
- Bear Spotted in Micanopy
- Micanopy Man Dies In Early Morning Crash
- Micanopy's 39th Fall Festival