Florida Lawmaker has Cancer
A longtime Florida lawmaker and former State Senate president says he has cancer.
Republican Sen. Jim King said on Saturday, he has pancreatic cancer that was diagnosed during a recent checkup.
A spokeswoman for Mr. King says he realizes the difficulty in treating the disease but that he plans to continue serving his Jacksonville constituency.
King served in the Florida House from 1986 to 1999 and has been in the Senate since. He was the Senate president from 2002 to 2004.
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- Florida Lawmakers Make Moves to Restrict Use of Drones
- Florida Lawmakers Pursuing a Ban Against Smoking with Kids in the Car
- Lehman Has Little Affect On Florida State Investments
- Florida Lawmakers Giving Redistricting Another Try
- Lawmaker Warns of Florida University Quality Decline
- Tour of the University of Florida Cancer Hospital
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Cancer Rates in North Central Florida
- Lawmakers Push to Tax Online Purchases