FWC Boating Safety for Memorial Weekend
The rain won't seem to let up, but all the bad weather won't keep people off their boats for the holiday weekend. With the holiday comes partying, drinking and some violations. This is where FWC (Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission) lays down the law.
Governor Crist proclaimed this week National Safe Boating Week in Florida. State boating deaths have dropped 30 percent from 2007 to 2008. For 2008, FWC made 1,298 boat inspections and 5 DUI arrests were made.
Boater David Andrews says, "If you don't keep everyone safe, like a couple weeks ago, there was a bad boating accident with fatalities, so just like the roadways, same goes on the water."
FWC will patrol the four major lakes in Alachua County, which are Santa Fe, Lochloosa, Orange, and Newnans.
- Boating on Memorial Weekend
- Boating On Memorial Day
- Boat Safety
- National Boat Safety Week Prompts Increased Patrol on Florida Waterways
- Memorial Day Events Cancelled
- Duck Boat Accident
- FWC Officials Set Trap for Missing Monkey
- Boating Under The Influence
- Front Yard or Boat Yard?
- National Safe Boating Week in Gainesville May 16