A "GatorMade" Company: Axogen Nerve Regeneration
Your nervous system is involved with everything that happens in your body... it controls your muscles, gives you the ability to sense hot and cold, and regulates your breathing.
And when something goes wrong with your nervous system... the results can be devastating.
Twenty million Americans suffer from nerve damage.
But a company here in North Central Florida, Axogen, is the leader in the advancement of peripheral nerve repair... and it was developed at UF-- making it GatorMade.
For patients who've had these nerve replacements, they say it's allowed them to experience life normally again...
And for one patient in particular, he says it was an added bonus that the research for these replacements was developed right here in his own community.
"The product is revolutionary. It's changing the way surgeons are able to do surgery...really improve the quality of life for so many people and patients," Marlo Tan-Walpo, Director of Biotechnology Development at Axogen, said.
- A "GatorMade" Company: Prioria Robotics
- A "GatorMade" Company: Banyan Biomarkers
- Made In America: The Goodwin Company
- Made In America: Island Grove Wine Company
- Medical Spotlight 7/19/10 "Regenerating Damaged Body Parts"
- Medical Spotlight 6/13/11 "Regenerating Brain Cells"
- Court's Net Neutrality Ruling Could Hurt Startup Companies
- Major Mortgage Company Shuts its Doors
- Company Hosts Coat Drive To Help Needy Weather The Cold
- Health Insurance Company Requests Third Rate Hike This Month