"Give Me 5" for National Stroke Month
A stroke - it's the number three killer in America and it's estimated almost 800 000 Americans will suffer from it. The American Stroke Association wants to reduce those numbers.
The biggest misconception about strokes is that you have to be a certain age to get them, but age is not a determining factor. The month of May is National Stroke Month, TV20's Shani Muhammad shows an easy way to recognize the pre-effects of an attack.
Munroe Regional Medical Center in Ocala will host a stroke fair on May 13th.
- UF Gives Raises Less Than A Month After Layoffs
- Woman Plans to Give Obese Trick-or-Treaters a "Trick"
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
- Grandfather Uses 10 month old Grandson as "Human Shield"
- 5th Grader "Citizens of the Month" Tour City of Gainesville
- Major Banks Decide Monthly Debit Fee Doesn't Make "Cents"
- "Feline Frenzy and Canine Crazy" Pet Adoption Month
- Biomass Plant is "Commercially Operational," GRU Customers Will Feel Impact this Month
- "Mitzvah Day" Jewish Council Gives Back
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals