Habitat for Humanity in High Springs
The city of High Springs is rolling out the welcome mat... to a new neighbor.
But that new neighbor doesn't yet have a home.
Habitat for Humanity has a family all picked out and waiting... all they need is the home.
When Brenda Wesley applied for a habitat house three years ago, she says she never thought she'd get one.
And now, she's not only approved, but she'll be the first person to live in a habitat home in High Springs.
And for this single mom who never thought she would own her own home, her dream is coming true.
"I'm so nervous. I don't know whether to laugh or cry," Wesley said.
Building will begin in the Douglas Village neighborhood as soon as $70,000 is raised. $10,000 is already in the bank. Organizers say construction will probably be some time this fall.
Alachua Habitat has built more than 100 homes around the county since opening its doors in 1986.
- Habitat For Humanity Cutting Jobs In Marion County
- Habitat For Humanity House
- Palestinian Delegates Visit Interfaith Habitat for Humanity House
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Tools Stolen from Two "Habitat for Humanity" Homes
- High Springs Building Restoration On Hold
- High Springs Police Chief Remembered
- High Springs Officials Consider Allowing Sunday Alcohol Sales
- High Springs New Sewer System
- Four-wheeler accident hospitalizes High Springs man
- High Springs Leaders Consider Zoning for Adult Businesses