Hawthorne Man Arrested for Armed Burglary
A Hawthorne man was arrested Tuesday night (May 19) for armed burglary and burglary with an assault/battery, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
Barrington Scott Carey, 38, entered a Hawthorne home and pushed the homeowner over an electric heater that was located on the floor.
Carey's reason for entering the home appears to be that he wanted to speak with another female who was visiting the homeowner, according to the release.
The homeowner reported that she observed an object in Carey's waistband while he was inside the home, but it wasn't until they walked outside that he pulled a handgun from his waistband and threatened her.
While deputies met with Carey at his home, a deputy observed 45 marijuana plants growing in a washtub near the driveway. Carey was also charged with the cultivation of marijuana.
Carey's bond was set at $61,012.
- Police arrest armed man on UF campus
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man involved in armed robberies
- Man Arrested for Burglary
- Former Gainesville Sun Delivery Man Arrested for String of Burglaries
- Man Arrested in String of Burglaries in Gainesville
- Man arrested for over dozen burglaries
- Columbia County man arrested in connection to funeral home burglary
- Hawthorne Man Arrested in Connection to Human Trafficking Case
- Officer shoots armed burglary suspect
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery